Friday, July 6, 2007

EDM 125


EDM 125
Originally uploaded by Ashleigh713.

The challenge was to draw a bird. It's abundantly clear that I cannot really draw anything that looks like a real bird, so I did some birds I like.

The firstbird at the top, of course is a peacock. Certainly not the nicest bird in the world,and there's the thing about their feathers bringing bad luck. I've been around a lot of them though and they are beautiful, and probably have a lot to do with my loving blue..

Then there's an eastern bluebird, a pretty little thing. Beside her is a little owl that I wil say is Pigwidgeon, the little owl Sirius gave Ron in POA. My favorite HP book, ever..

The last one is a mountain bluebird,, someplace in the western part of the country.

6 comments:

Nina Johansson said...

Lovely birds, I love the poster feel of it. Great work!

Serena Lewis said...

I love the layout too....nice work!

sisu said...

Congratulations. I think that you did a fine job. I like the colors and the poster feel to it as well..

Karin

Lynn said...

These are so cute! I agree that the poster layout really works here. That little blue bird is exquisite.

mrana said...

Love the layout and the birds! What a great idea ... I can't believe you drew four of them, well done!

Anonymous said...

You really are good with color! Oh my, these are wonderful.