Wednesday, June 13, 2007

EDM 122 small shade


EDM 122 small shade
Originally uploaded by Ashleigh713.

This isn't much more than a scribble, but there's something about it that I like. It was going to be a palm tree, but I got into a more doodling mode, then sort of splotched on the color. Maybe it was meant to be, because this was done orior to the shade challenge on EDM

It's a weird snshine while it thunders, while the whole state, pretty much, has a severe weather warning or watch.

Hoot and I are going over to rummage through Goodwill. Maybe I will find another bell.

4 comments:

juj said...

I really like the way the leaves aren't really defined - it gives it a very graphic quality that is nice - but the loose line work and the rich color keep it from looking stilted. It's a great tree.

caseytoussaint said...

What I love about this is the composition - the drawing has real character because it's so well defined.

Anonymous said...

It is very pleasing to look at. Nice work. Sometimes the simplest thing please us the most.

Anonymous said...

i like it! it has a relaxing appeal to it!