Monday, June 4, 2007

EDM 9 organized chaos


EDM 9 organized chaos
Originally uploaded by Ashleigh713.

Last week I got Danny Gregory's Creative License, from Amazon. After Hoot's graduation, I took a nap then woke up around 11:30 and read till about 3:30. Eventually I was just dead, but also felt I _had_ to draw. This is the result. It's also the top of the chest next to my bed, so it's the first thing I see upon awakening. So many important things here.
A cap from Sunset Beach, hanging on the lamp.
a cup with a straw
a metal two hole sharpener
an empty paint tube
a strawberry lip gloss
a bottle of Winsor & Newton mask, and one of oxgall
a watermelon lip gloss
a little wooden box I painted with watercolor and sealed for keeping sharpeners and kneaded erasers
a snapshot of Graves Mountain Lodge, Virginia
a big round hatbox with classic Pooh decorations, containing true chaos
the stuffed pumpkin Yumi sent me from San Francisco
a lamb that looks like one from the Serta ads
a bottle of some sunflowery body mist
a gilt frame mirror with a shamrock printed palmetto tree and crescent moon on it
a metal Classic Pooh bucket containing pens, pencils, tweezers, emery board, etc.

in front
the most easy to read, easy to understabd Bible I've seen. I should read it more
on top is my cell phone

A _lot_ of stuff. Colorful enough?

6 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Nice work - I love the way you use color in your sketches.

Lynn said...

Yes, that is a lot of stuff, and so nicely drawn. Very good use of color, too.

R K said...

I like this drawing/watercolor. It's so beautifully 'everyday'.
I also chuckled with your introductory message (on the EDM yahoo group): "...I seem to take a mind photo before I turn out the light"! How utterly true this is. It gave me a light-hearted 'zen' insight into how we humans cope with darkness. Thanks...(and thanks for commenting at my new blogsite!).

Serena Lewis said...

Lots of stuff and well drawn, Ashleigh.

I had to laugh at your email to EDM telling us about sketching during the POTC movie and your surprise when the lights came back on and you saw what colour you had used instead of black. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice work. I cringe when I think of drawing MY organized chaos.

Anita Davies said...

Great sketch and soooo many items!!!