Friday, June 15, 2007

EDM 64 one of my sinks


EDM 64 one of my sinks
Originally uploaded by Ashleigh713.

A little bit of the hall bath, mostly oceany stuff in there. The shower once had a lighthouse curtain,that Hoot picked out, but has since been replaced by a filmy ocean blue one. Nothig with a decorater look, just personal things. Once we had the characters from Disney's Little Mermaid in there.

The sink has a rim of little shells and clear turqoise and cobalt glass "stones". The ligh house is a model of one at Montauk, Long Island, near where my Aunt Stella lived, in Southampton. She once was an opera singer and a painter. She married a man in the record business and they had an apartment in Manhatten part time and out on Long Island the rest.

After he died, she sold the apartment and stayed mostly at the house. I loved visiting her there, and meeting her friends, who were quite an assortment. One was a former "big game" hunter and his home was full of the results. Great storyteller. How much of it was real, I don't know.

I didn't plan to write all that. Summer Rambles. My summers- Myrtle Beach, Long Island and Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts..

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

I love anything with a sea theme. Nice job on the sketch, Ashleigh, and I enjoyed the post too ~ :)